When I get overwhelmed, and my brain feels full, there is only one good solution.
Writing in list-form, and here it goes.
1. The Blog-frey’s have landed in Colorado Springs, and are loving our new home.
2. No… it hasn’t snowed. It has, however, snowed at Fort Gordon where we just left in GEORGIA. Whatever, let’s keep this positive.
3. It is BEAUTIFUL here. My backyard looks over the golf course, and we get to watch the sunset out my living room window.
4. We would get to do that if we could sit down for 12 seconds. Which we don’t get to do just yet.
5. All that running around and activity has oddly placed 6 lbs on my body, I don’t get it either.
6. Unintentional animal spottings are numerous and very exciting. Coyotes live near the post hospital, and wander freely. They are mange coyotes, which I learned is more of a disease than a criticism. I also saw a ton of girl deer, and a large boy deer. Still waiting on elk, moose and maybe a bear. Luckily, there is a zoo up the road to fill in the gaps. 🙂
7. Moving is a large task. Moving with children is an even larger task. Moving with children during Christmas is a monumentally large task. Moving with children during Christmas when you are painfully neurotic about producing holiday magic is a near death experience.
8. I love Chipotle. I have heard the rumors of greatness, and it delivered.
9. My husband has become an incredible asset in moves and home-creating.
10. My children always have cuter rooms than I do, which according to some marriage book is not good. Regardless, I am very pleased.
11. I love Trees for Troops and the fabulous tree they donated to us, tied to our car and freshly cut. We are very grateful for the money savings and convenience this year!
12. Our home here really feels like home, which is odd seeing as though we have lived here 10 days.
13. The schools in town ( or lack of good options) caused a panic attack, but I have come back down and have some hope.
14. MY COMPUTER WON’T LET ME DOWNLOAD MY PICTURES OF MY CAMERA!!!!! MY 200 PICTURES!!!!!
THIS IS unACCEPTABLE!
** Updated once I stole G’s computer.**
I stole G’s computer to reassure myself that it was my aging computer, and not my memory card. This did not allow for any editing…but I feel better, anyway.
15. I will be back to blogging more when my computer submits to my will and allows me to get my pictures. So until then… the Blog-frey’s are happy, healthy and ready for Santa!